• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Saturday 1/14/17 playoff games.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
What was that osweiler tantrum at the end about?

I didn't like how, practically every time the camera showed him when the Patriots had the ball, he was sitting on the bench by himself looking disinterested.

Not a good look.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I hadn't either...I've watched parts of most of their games....but not a whole game....but it was enough to know brock sucks ***

I was shocked, really, at how bad he was.

(And having watched an autopsy when I was in J-school at Duquesne, I don't get shocked easily.)

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
IDK but I will tell you, Houston fans dont deserve a championship. I have been to several games, including this year. When a Saints and a Steelers fan (my buddy from the UK) are cheering louder and more interested in YOUR team, then there is a problem.

There were several Steelers fans in the bar last night. We were all kind of standing there in amazement in all the chit chat. We couldnt believe how non chalant the all were. I was like you're going into the half 1 point down on a 15.5 point spread, Clowney's getting licks on Brady, wtf is wrong with all? If this was the Steelers, the lid would be blowing off this joint.

When we started banging on the tables and gettin a little football crazy, we actually got some looks like we were out of line.

Then in typical Houston fan fashion, they remind me every year why they dont deserve a ring and I hope they never get one. After they lost the game they didnt even really watched, I was wished for Ben to die, Brown to break his leg and to **** myself with my jersey.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I went to the fan site texanstalk.com last night.

Someone bumped a thread from last year in which Smith and O'Brien said they watched hours of video on available QBs and came to the conclusion that Osweiler was "the one" they wanted.

If that's true, they should both be fired.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Even though I live in Houston, I hadn't watched a Texans game from beginning to end all season.

Osweiler really is bad. I feel sorry for O'Brien. He probably didn't want "Os" to begin with, then got crap for benching him in favor of Savage last month.

The GM (Rick Smith) needs to go. But the owner (Bob McNair) doesn't have the balls to fire him.

So they'll go into yet another year looking for a QB.

I need HEB to get Brock off their commercials. I love the HEB. Brock blows balls.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
..Houston fans dont deserve a championship...

Good read.

When I worked for the Post, and Chronicle, I wrote a lot about the Oilers.

The fanbase for the Texans is very different. I get the impression that a lot of people follow them because it's trendy or the thing you do in the fall and winter. The Oilers always had players who were real characters, the Texans not so much.

Where are you watching tonight's game?

deljzc

Reaction score
It will be hard for them to find cap room for Romo AND get out of the Osweiler contract in the short term.

When you make a mistake like Osweiler on your cap, you're kind of screwed for a season or two. Is what it is.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I need HEB to get Brock off their commercials. I love the HEB. Brock blows balls.

You know, I was just thinking about HEB.

Appearing on HEB commercials is about as wild as the Texans get. And then it's just Watt and Osweiler.

Honestly, McNair is no improvement over Bud Adams. Both are pretty clueless about football. But Bud had a better feel for the entertainment aspect of the sport.

Too bad he got talked into moving the team. He didn't want to, and he regretted it the rest of his life.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
lately its just been Brock and Wilfork. Since he said he thinks he just played his last NFL game, then he's probably out. It seems like they just dont "get it". Now that I live here, I know what my dad was saying all those years about Houston football. Ive lived in better NFL cities and it pisses me off when you make me say nice things about Denver and even Oakland, lol.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Forgot about Wilfork. He's pretty funny. I see him working for a network. But he does need to pull a Faneca and lose a lot of weight.

Hey, the fans in KC are a lot more into it than those in Houston.

No doubt the Steelers will have their hands full.

They might not win, but they're bound to make it much more interesting than the Texans did.

Note: I still can't get over how bad Osweiler is! It was stunning.

Kordell was better. At least he could run.

Last edited:

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
I actually hate us being in KC. KC fans are rabid. It will be hostile territory for usre.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I actually hate us being in KC. KC fans are rabid. It will be hostile territory for usre.

I tweeted Ed Bouchette and suggested he write about that crazy game in KC in '94, when the Chiefs - led by Montana - won in OT.

I get the feeling he didn't even think about it. Until today, it was the only time the Steelers and Chiefs met in the playoffs.

When D.J. Johnson got thrown out at the beginning of OT, the fans went berserk. I figured the Steelers were done after that.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I tweeted Ed Bouchette and suggested he write about that crazy game in KC in '94, when the Chiefs - led by Montana - won in OT.

I get the feeling he didn't even think about it. Until today, it was the only time the Steelers and Chiefs met in the playoffs.

that game sucked