• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

random question

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been weeded in my personal life.. have been able to keep up with Steelers but not as much as normal. my question is 2 fold. who gets cut when Belle is back and who gets cut when(if) Green is ready?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been weeded in my personal life.. have been able to keep up with Steelers but not as much as normal. my question is 2 fold. who gets cut when Belle is back and who gets cut when(if) Green is ready?

(1) Richardson. No possible need for a 4th string RB.
(2) More difficult question. Steelers don't have room for Nix, and Johnson, and Green, IMO. As between Nix and Johnson ... Nix is a FB, Johnson a good-blocking, no-hands TE. Gimble looks pretty darn good as a 3rd TE, and if the film shows his blocking is as good as it seems to be from what I am seeing on broadcasts, he stays, Johnson goes.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
LB Steven Johnson
RB Richardson.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ladarius Green could pretty easily find himself in a pretty fan-hostile situation.

If even a relatively low-snap guy gets cut for Green and he ends up being a one-hit wonder (pun most definitely intended) he's pretty much going to be epic ***-hat of the decade around here.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
LB Steven Johnson
RB Richardson.

I agree with this talent wise, but I think Steve Johnson has a roster slot until Dupree returns. Richardson is gone, that is a no brainer. The way the TEs are playing, it's tough to cut anyone. JJ is an all around TE, and his blocking will improve as he adds muscle and technique. Grimble gives us more of a pass catching threat, and Johnson is more diverse as a FB or TE and probably is our best blocker of the bunch. So who goes? I'd think Grimble would be the odd man out. You wouldn't need his pass catching as much if Green returns, since they do the same job, and Green would be the starter. I'm not sure on the rules for placing Grimble back on the PS, but I think the league may snap him up.

Johnson is also locked to the roster as the only FB until Nix returns.