• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Prospects the Steelers have met with

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Isn't reddick better fit for ILB or MLB in a 4-3?

Nah, undersized DE. He's either going to learn to stand up or be a situational pass rusher in the NFL.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Temple would bring small school concerns or not? not the Steelers pattern in 1.

And Kaaya? The deer in the headlight Kaaya?

can't say I am fond of that prospect..............

I wouldn't take Reddick 30. Either trade back at 30 or up in the second.

Kaaya I find technically sound, very efficient, seems to be coached up. I don't think he's going to be Peyton Manning but an Alex Smith? Yeah. I mentioned Dobbs because I feel he's your upside guy. He could develop into an elite QB. In fact reminds me of Dak a lot. Kaaya is your safe pick tho.

Last edited:

ianv2012

Reaction score
Added to the Steelersdepot master list:

CB-
Tredavious White, LSU
Nate Hairston, Temple
Marquez White, Florida State
Shaquill Griffin, Central Florida
Cameron Sutton, Tennessee

S-
Lorenzo Jerome, St. Francis
Marcus Williams, Utah
Montae Nicholson, Michigan State

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a TE is definitely on the menu.

ianv2012

Reaction score
S Desmond King, Iowa, also added to Steelersdepot master list

ianv2012

Reaction score
or slot CB

I like King and think he'd be a perfect fit in the slot nickel until he could take over the FS spot from Mitchell when his contract is up, and then he could still do multiple jobs like Mathieu

ianv2012

Reaction score

RB-
Jahad Thomas, Temple
Marlon Mack, USF
Samajae Perine, Oklahoma

WR-
Ryan Switzer, North Carolina

OL-
Ethan Cooper, IUP
Jordan Morgan, Kutztown
Dion Dawkins, Temple

TE-
Jordan Leggett, Clemson

LB-
Austin Calitro, Vanderbilt

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
Nah, undersized DE. He's either going to learn to stand up or be a situational pass rusher in the NFL.

He was a walk on at CB. I don't think learning to stand up is going to be an issue.

GRBman

Reaction score
Has nobody watched Tennessee all year? HELL NO ON DOBBS!!!! Good Lord... I wouldn't sign that kid as an undrafted free agent to run the scout team!

There are three kids that I might would take a mid/late round flyer on
Nate Peterman (Pitt)
Pat Maholmes (Texas Tech)
CJ Beathard (Iowa)

Beathard is tough as nails...he was just getting killed in their bowl game vs. Florida and kept going back out there...

Maholmes is a Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers type talent...or Johnny Manziel with an actual arm and no baggage...but the kid is raw. He'll need a few years of training, which he might get if Ben plays a couple more.

Peterman is an interesting prospect. He left Tennessee when their resident Gym Teacher/Head Football Coach Butch Jones went with Dobbs (who can't throw). He flourished in the new offense last season...under his second OC in two years...

In the first round, can we please take Florida's Quincy Wilson if he's there? No Jalen Tabor...just Wilson if available. He's going to be Ike Taylor 2.0... except Wilson can catch

ianv2012

Reaction score
Has nobody watched Tennessee all year? HELL NO ON DOBBS!!!! Good Lord... I wouldn't sign that kid as an undrafted free agent to run the scout team!

There are three kids that I might would take a mid/late round flyer on
Nate Peterman (Pitt)
Pat Maholmes (Texas Tech)
CJ Beathard (Iowa)

Beathard is tough as nails...he was just getting killed in their bowl game vs. Florida and kept going back out there...

Maholmes is a Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers type talent...or Johnny Manziel with an actual arm and no baggage...but the kid is raw. He'll need a few years of training, which he might get if Ben plays a couple more.

Peterman is an interesting prospect. He left Tennessee when their resident Gym Teacher/Head Football Coach Butch Jones went with Dobbs (who can't throw). He flourished in the new offense last season...under his second OC in two years...

In the first round, can we please take Florida's Quincy Wilson if he's there? No Jalen Tabor...just Wilson if available. He's going to be Ike Taylor 2.0... except Wilson can catch

You mean Teez Tabor

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

CB-
Tredavious White, LSU
Nate Hairston, Temple
Marquez White, Florida State
Shaquill Griffin, Central Florida
Cameron Sutton, Tennessee

S-
Lorenzo Jerome, St. Francis
Marcus Williams, Utah
Montae Nicholson, Michigan State

Marcus Williams didn't stand out too much when I was watching the USC @ Utah game

ianv2012

Reaction score
Marcus Williams didn't stand out too much when I was watching the USC @ Utah game

Interesting, Mayock kept saying he's one of the top Safeties with excellent ball skills. I'll have to go watch his tape.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Temple would bring small school concerns or not? not the Steelers pattern in 1.

And Kaaya? The deer in the headlight Kaaya?

can't say I am fond of that prospect..............

I'd say Temple is now on a level with Kentucky and it didn't stop them taking Dupree who didn't even have a LB coach in college. Temple had a great coaching staff and ran a complex NFL style scheme.

Reddick will have to learn more pass rush moves but so does pretty much every rookie. He'll also have to get stronger. What i like is that he did do some different things at Temple like switching sides of the field and dropping into coverage.

I do think Reddick would be able to be productive for the Steelers as a rookie, situational player. I'm expecting Dupree to have a breakout season. I also expect much more pass rush from the DL with Tuitt, a healthy Heyward, and Hargrave.

Any rookie edge rusher has a great opportunity to produce immediately in that situation.

GRBman

Reaction score
You mean Teez Tabor

No, I mean Jalen Tabor... that's his given name. If he wants his family and friends to call him "teez" that's fine...until he legally changes his name, I'll call him by his given

ianv2012

Reaction score
No, I mean Jalen Tabor... that's his given name. If he wants his family and friends to call him "teez" that's fine...until he legally changes his name, I'll call him by his given

My bad, I've only ever seen him listed as Teez

GRBman

Reaction score
My bad, I've only ever seen him listed as Teez

LOL...I thought you were "teezing" me...

Yeah, his real name is Jalen Tabor...but he's asking everybody to call him by his nickname. He's also carries a little bit of a drama...whoever gets him will get a good CB, but I really think Quincy Wilson (the other Florida CB) is going to be a star.

ianv2012

Reaction score
LOL...I thought you were "teezing" me...

Yeah, his real name is Jalen Tabor...but he's asking everybody to call him by his nickname. He's also carries a little bit of a drama...whoever gets him will get a good CB, but I really think Quincy Wilson (the other Florida CB) is going to be a star.

Well "Teez" ran a 4.6 while Wilson ran a 4.4, so I'm thinking that will drop Tabor to the 2nd, maybe 3rd rd.

GRBman

Reaction score
Well "Teez" ran a 4.6 while Wilson ran a 4.4, so I'm thinking that will drop Tabor to the 2nd, maybe 3rd rd.

Not sure he'll drop that far...a LOT of people still think he's first round material. Kid does have all the talent in the world. A poor combine isn't a deal killer...if he does well at Florida's pro day. I'd rather have Wilson...