• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Projected Inactive List Week 3

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
This week is a little tougher. Wheaton is back, so do you sit a WR? Perhaps you sit a RB or DB instead to make room. With the Eagles having a banged up secondary, it would be smart for them to dress all 5 WRs so Spike can have his 5 Wide *******!!!!! attack this game.

Ramon Foster and his elbow also throw in a monkey wrench. We're thin at G backups with Wallace out. So do you go with Hubbard as a starter and Finney backing up both guard and Center spots? That could be a problem.

So with a little thought, here is my projected inactive list for Week 3:

1. Senquez Golson - Still modeling sweatsuits.
2. Cody Wallace - Ruled out with his continued Knee issues.
3. Roosevelt Nix - He's a week closer to playing, but by being limited all week, I strongly doubt he sees any action.
4. Zack Mettenberger - With Landry only having one day off of practice and going fully today, he will be the backup and Zack will again be the 3rd QB/Inactive
5. Steve Johnson - No injuries to any LBs, so he's still inactive
6. LT Walton - Cam is fine, and will play, so no injuries to any DLs, so he's still inactive
7. Daryl Richardson - I honestly think 5WR is a good option this week, though DHB and Coats' snaps will reduce significantly. Daryl also won't be on the roster next week when Bell returns, so with only 1 snap last week, I think they sit him this week.

We have some other options being Foster (if he's really injured), Gilbert (the CB not the T), Dangerfield, and Big Red. Even Shamarko is in the mix. I personally think that even if Foster is injured, they may leave him in as a backup since we're lacking on depth.

This is a good week to make predictions, as there are a lot of factors up in the air. Good luck and karma to the winner!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
This week is a little tougher. Wheaton is back, so do you sit a WR? Perhaps you sit a RB or DB instead to make room. With the Eagles having a banged up secondary, it would be smart for them to dress all 5 WRs so Spike can have his 5 Wide *******!!!!! attack this game.

Ramon Foster and his elbow also throw in a monkey wrench. We're thin at G backups with Wallace out. So do you go with Hubbard as a starter and Finney backing up both guard and Center spots? That could be a problem.

So with a little thought, here is my projected inactive list for Week 3:

1. Senquez Golson - Still modeling sweatsuits.
2. Cody Wallace - Ruled out with his continued Knee issues.
3. Roosevelt Nix - He's a week closer to playing, but by being limited all week, I strongly doubt he sees any action.
4. Zack Mettenberger - With Landry only having one day off of practice and going fully today, he will be the backup and Zack will again be the 3rd QB/Inactive
5. Steve Johnson - No injuries to any LBs, so he's still inactive
6. LT Walton - Cam is fine, and will play, so no injuries to any DLs, so he's still inactive
7. Daryl Richardson - I honestly think 5WR is a good option this week, though DHB and Coats' snaps will reduce significantly. Daryl also won't be on the roster next week when Bell returns, so with only 1 snap last week, I think they sit him this week.

We have some other options being Foster (if he's really injured), Gilbert (the CB not the T), Dangerfield, and Big Red. Even Shamarko is in the mix. I personally think that even if Foster is injured, they may leave him in as a backup since we're lacking on depth.

This is a good week to make predictions, as there are a lot of factors up in the air. Good luck and karma to the winner!

I think the 7th will be Dangerfield instead of Richardson. Just two RBs is too little with Nix out

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
So it wasn't Richardson, or Dangerfield.

No. 74 - C/G Chris Hubbard got the seat this week.

Better luck next week for all of us!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I think the 7th will be Dangerfield instead of Richardson. Just two RBs is too little with Nix out

I'm itching to see what Dangerfield has. He's a good tackler and seems to play spirited defense when given the chance.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You didn't take into consideration any of the injuries. If Rogers couldn't come back in because of a toe, it is probably "turf toe" and he is probably out. China doll is due to miss a game. And, who knows about the others.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm itching to see what Dangerfield has. He's a good tackler and seems to play spirited defense when given the chance.

The mri on golden was negative so he might be back for sunday

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Pro Football Reference's report:

Player Pos Type Class Details

Jerald Hawkins T Shoulder I-R Hawkins will require season-ending surgery for a shoulder injury and has been placed on the injured reserve list.

Ladarius Green TE Ankle I-R Green had offseason surgery to repair his ankle and has been experiencing severe headaches. He has been placed on the PUP list but is eligible to return October 23rd against the Patriots.

Bud Dupree LB Abdominal I-R Dupree underwent surgery to repair a core muscle tear and has been placed on the IR-designated-to-return list. He is eligible to play November 6th against the Ravens.

Cole Manhart G Undisclosed I-R Manhart is expected to miss the entire 2016 season as he was placed on the injured reserve list due to an unspecified injury.

Bruce Gradkowski QB Hamstring I-R Gradkowski sustained a torn hamstring and was placed on the injured reserve list, ending his season.

Valerian Ume-Ezeoke C Undisclosed I-R Ume-Ezeoke is dealing with an unspecified injury and has been placed on the injured reserve list, ending his season.

Martavis Bryant WR Suspension out Bryant has been handed a one-year suspension by the NFL due to violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Senquez Golson CB Foot out Golson will miss at least 12 weeks of game action after suffering a Lisfranc injury in his foot.

Jarvis Jones LB Ankle questionable Jones sustained a sprained ankle and it is unclear if he will suit up against the Chiefs on Sunday.

Ryan Shazier LB Knee questionable Shazier is battling a knee injury and his status against the Chiefs during Week 4 is in question.

Markus Wheaton WR Shoulder questionable Wheaton has yet to play this season due to a shoulder injury and it is undetermined if he will participate in Week 4's game against the Chiefs.

Lawrence Timmons LB Shin questionable Timmons was forced from the last game due to a left shin injury and it is unclear if he will play during Week 4 against the Chiefs.

Roosevelt Nix FB Back questionable Nix has missed the last two games with a back injury and his availability is unclear against the Chiefs during Week 4.

Robert Golden S Hamstring questionable Golden left the last game with a right hamstring injury and his availability is uncertain for Week 4's game against the Chiefs.

Ramon Foster G Chest questionable Foster exited the last game with a chest injury and it is unclear if he will suit up against the Chiefs during Week 4.

Eli Rogers WR Toe questionable Rogers departed the last game due to a left toe injury and it is undetermined if he will play during Week 4 against the Chiefs.

Cody Wallace OL Knee questionable Wallace has sat out the last two games due to a knee injury and it is unknown if he will suit up against the Chiefs during Week 4.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
And for the other team this week:

Justin Houston LB Knee I-R Houston remains in danger of missing the entire 2016 season as he recovers from ACL surgery. He has been placed on the PUP list but is eligible to return October 30th against the Colts.

Trey Millard FB Knee I-R Millard sustained a season-ending knee sprain and has been placed on the injured reserve list.

Josh Mauga LB Shoulder I-R Mauga suffered a labral tear in his shoulder and has been placed on the season-ending injured reserve list.

Tyler Bray QB Back out Bray is nursing a chip fracture in his spine and there is no timetable for a return.

Jamaal Charles RB Knee questionable Charles is recovering from ACL surgery and it is unknown if he will return to action Sunday against the Steelers.

Phillip Gaines DB Knee questionable Gaines is dealing with a knee injury and it is unknown if he will play against the Steelers during Week 4.

Sam Barrington LB Hamstring questionable Barrington has sat out the last two games with a hamstring injury and it is undetermined if he will suit up against the Steelers during Week 4.

Parker Ehinger OL Concussion questionable Ehinger has missed the last two games with concussion-like symptoms and a foot injury. It is uncertain if he will play against the Steelers during Week 4.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OL Ankle questionable Duvernay-Tardif continues to deal with a high ankle sprain and his availability is uncertain for Week 4's game against the Steelers.

Jah Reid T Ankle questionable Reid missed the last game with ankle and knee injuries and it is unclear if he will play against the Steelers during Week 4.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
DHB won't sit. He's one of their best gunners on special teams.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
They said Timmons is good to go. Had a puncture wound.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Dangerfield just doesn't get any respect.

From what I've seen that cat flies around tackling with force. His attitude is uplifting.

I think he's better at tackling than Davis, and since Davis isn't making any plays to break up passes, we might be better off for now giving Mr. No respect a chance. I say might.

Coverage is not Dangerfield's strong suit, but he could fit as the short to medium zone safety in the nickel or dime we play so often.

With Tomlin such a promotion often takes an injury.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Since Chickillo isn't doing Jack **** I guess Dangerfield
is your new boo

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Davis did have 6 tackles last game, the one I most remember is the open field tackle still early

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we should sit Wheaton. I have a feeling he may not be terribly effective against a physical Eagles defense.

Just a suspicion I have.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Davis did have 6 tackles last game, the one I most remember is the open field tackle still early

but missed 2 on the Darren Sproles catch and run...

And Coach, I my list is more current than pro reference. It still lists Wheaton as not playing a game yet, which I honestly can see how they made that mistake...

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've seen that cat flies around tackling with force. His attitude is uplifting.

I think he's better at tackling than Davis, and since Davis isn't making any plays to break up passes, we might be better off for now giving Mr. No respect a chance. I say might.

Coverage is not Dangerfield's strong suit, but he could fit as the short to medium zone safety in the nickel or dime we play so often.

With Tomlin such a promotion often takes an injury.

You missed the sarcasm Coach...I was throwing the old Rodney Dangerfield line out there.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
but missed 2 on the Darren Sproles catch and run...

And Coach, I my list is more current than pro reference. It still lists Wheaton as not playing a game yet, which I honestly can see how they made that mistake...

Yeap, sproles gave him free dancing lessons. But he was trying to catch up and was in total imbalance to try to make a play

BurghThing

Reaction score
Pro Football Reference's report:

Player Pos Type Class Details

Markus Wheaton WR Shoulder questionable Wheaton has yet to play this season due to a shoulder injury and it is undetermined if he will participate in Week 4's game against the Chiefs.

I find it funny that they say Weaton has yet to play. After that performance Sunday, most people think that.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
You missed the sarcasm Coach...I was throwing the old Rodney Dangerfield line out there.

Nah, I called the Steelers J. Dangerfield " Mr. No Respect." Dangerfield the comedian and actor stick, was I get no respect. Rodney even made a song about it.