• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Playoff Schedule

zmetkler

Sponsor
Reaction score
https://gzsportsreport.com/2017/01/02/2016-nfl-playoff-schedule-and-predictions/

Wild Card Round

Saturday, January 7
-4:35pm ET on ESPN/ABC: Oakland at Houston
-8:15pm ET on NBC: Detroit at Seattle

Sunday, January 8
-1:05pm ET on CBS: Miami at Pittsburgh
-4:40pm ET on FOX: NY Giants at Green Bay

Divisional Round

Saturday, January 14
-4:35pm ET on FOX: TBD at Atlanta
-8:15pm ET on CBS: TBD at New England

Sunday, January 15
-1:05pm ET on NBC: TBD at Kansas City
-4:40pm ET on FOX: TBD at Dallas

DocScott

Contributor
Reaction score
Bottom line, we win the next three and we're in! Go Steelers!

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
The good news is we struggle against bad teams so I don't think missing out on playing Oakland or Houston is necessarily a bad thing. It's also why this game worries me more than a potential KC matchup.

Any other team and I would say otherwise.

With that said, it will be a major shock if the Pats* don't make the AFCC. Which means the Super Bowl goes through Foxboro...blah

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah good point - if we had to face the McGloin/Cook Raiders in round 2 rather than the Chiefs, I could definitely see this team take them lightly, try to coast, and end up losing a shocker like the Tebow game. Maybe going against KC in round 2 (assuming we are able to beat Miami, of course) will make the team actually come in focused

And I am comfortable saying this given that Shazier has already said the team was taking the Cleveland game lightly and buying into the "meaningless game" talk. Is anyone surprised given our history of losing to teams with losing records? This team is way too susceptible to taking opponents lightly. It's the damn NFL! They're all professionals!

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The good news is we struggle against bad teams so I don't think missing out on playing Oakland or Houston is necessarily a bad thing. It's also why this game worries me more than a potential KC matchup.

Any other team and I would say otherwise.

With that said, it will be a major shock if the Pats* don't make the AFCC. Which means the Super Bowl goes through Foxboro...blah

The one thing that falls in the Steelers favor this weekend is it's a repeat matchup against a team that thoroughly embarrassed the Steelers in week 6. I don't expect the Steelers to come out as flat in the first half as they did the last couple of games against their division rivals.

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
The one thing that falls in the Steelers favor this weekend is it's a repeat matchup against a team that thoroughly embarrassed the Steelers in week 6. I don't expect the Steelers to come out as flat in the first half as they did the last couple of games against their division rivals.

Agreed, the repeat matchup helps big time. I think the biggest difference with the first game is the location. We play much better at home and Miami is not used to cold weather games.

This team is actually kind of like Penn State this year. Not so much 1st half vs 2nd half discrepancy but the Steelers seem to have 2-3 quarters of dumb penalties, stupid turnovers, not being able to stop anyone and not being able to move the ball and then there's 1-2 other quarters of looking unstoppable on both offense and defense. The last Bengals and Ravens games were perfect examples.

We can beat most teams with 1-2 great quarters and 2 bad ones...at the very least it'll come down to the final possession. Put 3 or even 4 great quarters together and not even the cheating ******** in Foxboro could stop us. Are they capable of putting 3 or 4 great quarters together though is what I'm anxious to find out these playoffs.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, the repeat matchup helps big time. I think the biggest difference with the first game is the location. We play much better at home and Miami is not used to cold weather games.

This team is actually kind of like Penn State this year. Not so much 1st half vs 2nd half discrepancy but the Steelers seem to have 2-3 quarters of dumb penalties, stupid turnovers, not being able to stop anyone and not being able to move the ball and then there's 1-2 other quarters of looking unstoppable on both offense and defense. The last Bengals and Ravens games were perfect examples.

We can beat most teams with 1-2 great quarters and 2 bad ones...at the very least it'll come down to the final possession. Put 3 or even 4 great quarters together and not even the cheating ******** in Foxboro could stop us. Are they capable of putting 3 or 4 great quarters together though is what I'm anxious to find out these playoffs.

Great analogy but if we can play the the Dolphins with our play book opened up, we will only need a quarter or two to advance. Then the Ciefs, same thing 2quarters work and turn out the lights........AS for the cheating fucktards, resilience is going to be our biggest weapon and I think this team has that in it's arsenal.

Salute the nation