• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our Chances Just got Better

Cras108er

Reaction score
You never wish injury on anyone, but with he injuries to Carr and Mariota, our path to the Championship game just got clearer if we can hold on to the #3 seed.

With Tannehill out, and these other injuries, Miami, Denver, and the Tennessee look like easy wins in the Wildcard round. That would send us to Oakland without Carr. Things are shaping up nicely.

The only team I wouldn't want to face in the WC round is Baltimore, and even that should be a W. we'll see tomorrow.

Go Steelers!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
If we beat Baltimore, they are out because Miami won

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The only shot we have if we lose, it to beat Cleveland and Cincy beats Baltimore

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The only shot we have if we lose, it to beat Cleveland and Cincy beats Baltimore
A long shot but perhaps weirder things have happened.

But **** that take no chances squash that ******* bird.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Super Bowl path goes through New England

You never wish injury on anyone, but with he injuries to Carr and Mariota, our path to the Championship game just got clearer if we can hold on to the #3 seed.

With Tannehill out, and these other injuries, Miami, Denver, and the Tennessee look like easy wins in the Wildcard round. That would send us to Oakland without Carr. Things are shaping up nicely.

The only team I wouldn't want to face in the WC round is Baltimore, and even that should be a W. we'll see tomorrow.

Go Steelers!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

If we have to play an away game in the playoffs, no game is a gimme for this team. Last week we struggled against a Bengal team without their starting WR and one of their starting RB and we added injuries to our DL and #2 WR. Oakland could pick up some rummy off the street and beat us if we have to go to the West Coast - and I don't see us ever beating New England at Gillette.

Cras108er

Reaction score
If we have to play an away game in the playoffs, no game is a gimme for this team. Last week we struggled against a Bengal team without their starting WR and one of their starting RB and we added injuries to our DL and #2 WR. Oakland could pick up some rummy off the street and beat us if we have to go to the West Coast - and I don't see us ever beating New England at Gillette.

If you want to be the best, you got to beat the best. Sooner or later, we're going to have to stand up to the bully (in his front yard). Maybe this is the year. The path seems to being paved.

You're right about nothing being "a given" on the road. I still can't get the taste of that TD pass from Tim Tebow to Demarius Thomas in Denver a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
LOL you wrote "rummy"

str8liner

Reaction score
The Steelers chances will look a whole lot worse if they lose to the Ravens tomorrow.

I will take all that other stuff into consideration if they win and playoff spot locked up.

If this team has taught us anything, it should be NOT to look ahead.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers seem to be set for the 3rd seed or bust. If that's the case, it sets up the easiest possible playoff run. They would face what should be a weak 6 seed, likely Miami, and then travel to the 2 seed Oakland or KC.

I'm not scared of KC. Their defense is good but not great and they have nothing on offense.

Oakland's defense is not good. Their offense is steaky but they will be withuot Carr. Matt McGloin will play and he's a bit dangerous because he gets rid of the ball quickly and is not afraid to throw into tight windows. That will sometimes get him into trouble too. I'd be more worried about playing Oakland because the Steelers don't play well out there and with Carr out, the steelers could get overconfident and we know they play like **** when they are overconfident.

Really, the only team that worries me is NE and the steelers likely won't be able to face them until the AFC Champ game.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

With Tannehill out, and these other injuries, Miami, Denver, and the Tennessee look like easy wins in the Wildcard round.

I think the Dolphins are actually a better team with Matt Moore at quarterback, and the Titans are already done.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

No. If KC loses both and the Steelers beat Cleveland, the Chiefs are out and Pittsburgh is in. And not in bad shape, either, if NE beats Miami...they'd be playing the Texans in the first round. Now there's a quarterback situation that doesn't concern me in the slightest.

But the Chiefs losing two isn't very likely. San Diego just lost to the Browns.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
ONE week at a time. And as far as wishing injury, they happen. We play who is put forth infront of us. MANY a time the opponents have played our beloved STEELERS with a key player or seven MIA due to injury. NEVER ever wish for other team's injury.

Salute the nation

Stewey

Reaction score
Thought this thread was about something unfortunate happening to Flacco. Broke something slipping on some ice. Hospitalized with the flu. Poked his eye out trimming his unibrow.

Buster

Reaction score
We need to win today. By the looks of the Bungles last night, they won't be any help next week.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If the Steelers come out today and actually play to their strengths instead of playing to what the Rats might do, we win going away. But, that is the million dollar question right now. What will Tomlin do?

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
The division is coming down to what it should, the only 2 teams that ever do damage in the playoffs from the AFC North go battle for it...and the rivalry continues to grow.

RollRed

Reaction score
I could've swore I saw yesterday that the Dolphins clinched a wildcard spot

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, we've lost a few in a row to the Rats. The playoffs aren't a concern if we lose this game. Their best corner is out, someone better dismiss Haley and Tomlin if we don't throw it all over their bum *****.