• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Next year we'll be even better

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
And then get our *** kicked by NE. **** this Tomlin team. Whatever. It's all we got. See you next year.

Hey, maybe they will make a rule that you get extra yards when you act like a ******* 8th grader and celebrate a first down!

Wait, 8th grade coaches wouldn't put up with that ****..

mdk2

Reaction score
We need to got 13-3 or better in order to get the number 1 seed. That is the only chance we have of even keeping a game close vs. the Pats and by close I mean within 2 scores in the 4th quarter. By the time we do beat them, Brady will be 52 and his furthest pass will go 15 yards tops.

steelhurt

Reaction score
You almost have to go 13-3 since the Patsies play in that patsy *** Eastern Division and they is 6 wins right there. The Steelers need to reload on defense, bring in some quality depth on defensive line, draft or sign a top tier OLB who can rush the passer and decide what they want to do with Timmons who had a really nice season. I'd be ok with bringing him back. I still think we need an upgrade at CB over Cockrell who is a backup and nothing more.

On offense some quality depth on OL, a replacement for DWill whether by the draft or F/A, a starting TE which would be a high draft pick or F/A since Green just can't be counted on, and I'd bring back Wheaton.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You can practically guarantee that Butler will play the defense 15 yards back if he gets home field advantage. He's got the "turf monster" on his side then.

I am so ******* irritated at that defensive scheme. I would have rather had our guys get actually beaten by the P*ts straight up than by their own coaches.

In the end, that's what I'm really pissed about. The team was undermined by their own incompetent coaching staff.

mdk2

Reaction score
You can practically guarantee that Butler will play the defense 15 yards back if he gets home field advantage. He's got the "turf monster" on his side then.

I am so ******* irritated at that defensive scheme. I would have rather had our guys get actually beaten by the P*ts straight up than by their own coaches.

In the end, that's what I'm really pissed about. The team was undermined by their own incompetent coaching staff.

Seriously, man up on all their WRs and TEs and play right at the line of scrimage and blitz the rest of the guys. We would at least get some sort of pressure and show them something different. We may lose but at least they did something different for one damn time.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Agreed

steelville

Reaction score
I agree. The defensive scheme needs to change. They should change the scheme to specifically target the patriots offense. Much like the ravens did a few years ago so they could specifically beat the Steelers. If you can handle the patriots offense, then you should be fine with any other team in the league. I doubt that happens though because Tomlin was first a defense coach. He cannot seem to see what needs to be done, nor think outside of the box. It's a shame, because Ben is only going to be around a few more years. After that things will really get bleak. I really hope he proves me wrong though.

chipped ham

Reaction score

Atleast if they were aggressive in this sense, we could honestly say that our guys weren't good enough and they simply beat us. Instead, we put a defensive gameplan together that doesn't even give our guys a chance. However, there's no excuse when you're just a stupid player. See; Golden, Robert. That one Hogan td he drifted to the right where there were two other defenders and not a single patriot* player and he left Hogan wide open for the td. That is on the player.

mdk2

Reaction score
I agree. The defensive scheme needs to change. They should change the scheme to specifically target the patriots offense. Much like the ravens did a few years ago so they could specifically beat the Steelers. If you can handle the patriots offense, then you should be fine with any other team in the league. I doubt that happens though because Tomlin was first a defense coach. He cannot seem to see what needs to be done, nor think outside of the box. It's a shame, because Ben is only going to be around a few more years. After that things will really get bleak. I really hope he proves me wrong though.

Defensively speaking, the more I see of Tomlin, the more it looks like his answer for everything is Tampa 2... Tampa 2 defense is easy to exploit for any solid QB with decent WRs. I know his guy, Dungy made a living off that but that was many years ago and it's a new era of football now. Either man up or you'll get shredded by great QBs, these guys have seen every kind of zone look. So it comes to man on man and you need your defensive guy to win that battle with the WR or TE.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
We need to got 13-3 or better in order to get the number 1 seed. That is the only chance we have of even keeping a game close vs. the Pats and by close I mean within 2 scores in the 4th quarter. By the time we do beat them, Brady will be 52 and his furthest pass will go 15 yards tops.

I said so yesterday....we cant play from behind with that team in NE....we **** the bed royally last night with dropped passes. Ben had some bad throws as well. The killer was coming out the opening drive of the 3rd and going three and out....that's bullshit....we could have closed the margin and changed the momentum with a TD that opening drive of the 2nd half. NE got the ball and scored 10 straight and never looked back

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Brady will be 52 and his furthest pass will go 15 yards tops.
And the Pittsburgh DBs will be playing 25 yards off the line of scrimmage.