• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

new rule to allow second player to return from IR to be voted on soon

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...eserve-to-be-voted-on-by-nfl-owners-next-week

Judy Battista ✔ @judybattista
At league meeting next week, NFL owners will vote on proposal to allow a second player to come off IR in season. Likely to be approved.

also
Judy Battista ✔ @judybattista
NFL owners are also expected to approve the proposal that was previously tabled to reduce regular season OT from 15 to 10 minutes.

like the first possible/probable rule....second one is a little odd to me.............

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
And why not dress more for game day?

If that happens, even LS will be in demand. Good thing Tombert thinks ahead!

Yes dress more too perhaps 8 more...

Last edited:

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally they are doing something smart (2nd IR'd return) now they need to expand the rosters
The 53 needs to be the game day roster at least.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I've never understood any of the need for IR. Why does a guys year have to end cause he is hurt. With modern medicine and MRI why can't I just prove to independent league doctors that he is hurt. I see know other sport with these designations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with the larger roster and awarding more HATS on game day. All this will lead to more regular season games and MORE team stars being injured. How the HELL is Bell going to make a 19game regular season and 1 EXTRA play off game???

Salute the nation

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a positive move. It definitely helps the players so someone injured during the offseason or early in the year doesn't get IR'd when they can return and actually play during the season. I agree there should be some game day roster expansion happening. We need more hats on Sunday's. Maybe the concept of the practice squad needs to go and everyone is just on the roster.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
So more ties with shorter OTs and now they can do 3 pumps on TD dances instead of 2.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Not sure I get the OT rule, but the IR and celebration rule are solid moves. Fewer commercial breaks (though longer commercials) expected this year as well.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure I get the OT rule, but the IR and celebration rule are solid moves. Fewer commercial breaks (though longer commercials) expected this year as well.

There use to be 5 commercial groupings per quarter, now there will only be 4 commercial groupings per quarter,.....Oh and the 5 group was actually 20seconds less the the NEW 4 GROUP....... WTF?????????

Another thing I read was they are doing away with the 75guy cut down. They will run with the 90 all the way up to 53man rooster cut. It gives teams more evaluation time for on the edge prospects.

F-U-C-K the "rog" (just for general purpose)

Salute the nation