• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NASCAR 2023

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Daytona 500 today.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Only racetrack I've ever driven on with my own car.

I could drive on that thing every day with a big **** eating grin...haha.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Once again, good race but too many cautions at the end. Good for Ricky, he seems like a good dude. Fords ran good all day but decided to pit near the end and a lot of them got screwed by the cautions.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Ricky Bobby?..haha. Oh dang he's running a blue zl1. Which it really isn't other than the badges and same type grill.

I've never watched much Nascar, but I'd sure love to run wide open in one of those cars.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ricky Bobby?..haha. Oh dang he's running a blue zl1. Which it really isn't other than the badges and same type grill.

I've never watched much Nascar, but I'd sure love to run wide open in one of those cars.
Wife bought me the Rusty Wallace Race Experience a few years ago for my birthday. Short track so I was going at most 80 mph, plus I didn't want to wreck their car and have to pay for it. Was fun though. What I wasn't ready for was how little the drivers can see. Once they lock your helmet onto the HANS Device you can't move or turn your head, all you've got is the rearview mirror and the spotter in your earpiece.

NASCAR TALK | NBC SPORTS

What drivers said about the 65th Daytona 500​

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Wife bought me the Rusty Wallace Race Experience a few years ago for my birthday. Short track so I was going at most 80 mph, plus I didn't want to wreck their car and have to pay for it. Was fun though. What I wasn't ready for was how little the drivers can see. Once they lock your helmet onto the HANS Device you can't move or turn your head, all you've got is the rearview mirror and the spotter in your earpiece.

NASCAR TALK | NBC SPORTS

What drivers said about the 65th Daytona 500​

If you ever get your hands on a track worthy sports car try these guys. It's what I use. They have novice,intermediate and advanced. You'll find everything from miata's to McClaren 720's running. Just need good tires,suspension, brakes and big balls because you can go as fast as your car can handle. The Daytona course uses the 24 Hr Lemans with a bench of turns and about half the track. You get numerous hours broken up into group segments for a few hundred bucks. My dream is to run on every big track in the country before I'm older than dirt.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Has there been a race this year that DIDN’T go to overtime?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Has there been a race this year that DIDN’T go to overtime?

Football’s version of keeping the fans from leaving early…………….

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Tony Stewart got married to drag racer Leah Pruett and dipped his toe into drag racing last year. This year he is going to run the whole season in Top Alcohol dragster.
Saw an interview on YouTube where he's describing how violent drag racing is and how fast everything happens.
"Leah can tell you how far her car carried the left front wheel. I didn't even see the left front wheel until I was at the finish line."

Tony's Top Alcohol car has about 5000 horsepower and does the quarter mile in the low 5 second range at 270 mph. Leah's Top Fuel car has 11,000 horsepower and does 1000 feet in a bit over 3.5 seconds at 330 mph. (NHRA shortened the track to 1000 feet for Top Fuel and Funny Car so they had room to slow down.)

Reactions: MTC

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Bristol tonight on dirt. Like there's not enough wrecks on the pavement.
Also traditionally NASCAR did not race on Easter Sunday or Mother's Day but that's out the window now.
****ers.
Not too many folks in the stands.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
24 Hours of Le Mans is on the Motor Trend channel. The NASCAR Camaro is running 36th.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
24 Hours of Le Mans is on the Motor Trend channel. The NASCAR Camaro is running 36th.
Camaro finished 39th out of 62 cars but it finished.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Lunar is right, the night part is the best.

We had a Moto-cross race (I rode quads) that was set up near same as Le Mans. It was very challenging as I did it as a single team, not a 4 man team. I had great pit crew and used “Hammer Nutritian” to help fuel me.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I didn’t watch it all, but appreciate the posting.

That’s a hell of a lot tougher race than most think. The driver stamina and the machine fertility both need to be high alert and on point continuously.

Thanks for the video Lunar.!!!

Salute the nation