• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mike Mitchell

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
He's becoming a solid player, but his tackling technique still frustrates me a few times a game.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I've learned to tolerate Mitchell - he really does mean well. There are parts of his game that need refinement; but, overall, he's a leader on this defense and very much needed...

I noticed in the second half of the season he took a lot less stupid penalties.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I noticed in the second half of the season he took a lot less stupid penalties.

Two penalties since Week 6 and five total for the season.

Mitchell rubbed me the wrong way early on, but he's slowly grown on me. It gets annoying when he celebrates like he won a title after a routine play or a modest gain by the offense, yet he does set the tone for the secondary and is the best player back there.

Reactions: MTC

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Its fun watching Mitchell......hes like a kid hyped on "sugar"...or pop rocks.......

Did you say............................Pop Rocks ??? Thought that poster was long gone................................... LoL

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Two penalties since Week 6 and five total for the season.

Mitchell rubbed me the wrong way early on, but he's slowly grown on me. It gets annoying when he celebrates like he won a title after a routine play or a modest gain by the offense, yet he does set the tone for the secondary and is the best player back there.

My exact thoughts

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Mitchell still irks me... he has the ability to be a top free safety in the league if he played the ballmore than the big hit... he reminds me of Brooks Orpik when he played for the Pens... the hitting obsession took him out of position often and cost the pens lots of points... he was a very solid defenseman when he played the right way....

Reactions: MTC

Troglodyte

Reaction score
He celebrated a tackle after a 9 yard gain on first down yesterday. I'm still not a big fan.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Did you say............................Pop Rocks ??? Thought that poster was long gone................................... LoL

Salute the nation

Hey, there was awhile there where work kept me off the board as much as usual. I saw some reference to a board run by Pops (really? Pops as an admin? REALLY?) ... anyway, what happened? He get banned or something?

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of MM. I think the defensive success we have had has more to do with the young dee backs coming of age, in addition to a better pass rush up front. Mitchell impresses me as an opportunist, and a guy that piles on to the success of others.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Mitchell still irks me... he has the ability to be a top free safety in the league if he played the ballmore than the big hit... he reminds me of Brooks Orpik when he played for the Pens... the hitting obsession took him out of position often and cost the pens lots of points... he was a very solid defenseman when he played the right way....

Interesting and true comparison

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score