• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hubbard at right tackle...Pouncey to take RT snaps

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
The biggest problem isn't Hubbard playing, but rather if there are further injuries in the game.
I assume a TE would fill in or do we have DT's with o-line experience.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have now wrapped up their Wednesday practice ahead of Sunday’s home game against the New York Jets and their first injury report of Week 5, as expected, shows that numerous players had to sit out the team’s daily practice session.

Not practicing on Wednesday were center/guard Cody Wallace (knee), tackle Ryan Harris (shin), tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), cornerback Senquez Golson (foot), wide receiver Eli Rogers (toe), linebacker Ryan Shazier (knee), running back DeAngelo Williams (not injury related) and linebacker Jarvis Jones (ankle).

On Tuesday, head coach Mike Tomlin ruled Wallace, Rogers and Golson all out for Sunday’s game and said that Gilbert was highly questionable to play.

Limited on Wednesday were cornerback Justin Gilbert (knee) and safety Robert Golden (hamstring). Gilbert’s injury wasn’t mentioned by Tomlin on Tuesday while Golden is looking to return after missing the Sunday night game. Both will likely need to start practicing fully by Thursday if they want to play Sunday. Gilbert was reportedly carted off the field Wednesday.

Practicing fully on Wednesday were wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder), linebacker Anthony Chickillo (knee), guard Ramon Foster (chest), and fullback Roosevelt Nix (back). Foster went as far to say after practice that he expects to play Sunday against the Jets after sitting out the game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

As for Nix practicing fully, that’s a great sign as he’s yet to play in a game so far this season.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ort-gilbert-7-others-sit-wednesdays-practice/

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Man that would be great to get Foster back at LG this week. Hope he is good to go. We need the OL to stand tall v the Jets DL

ZACKB

Reaction score
Out of Pouncey, Foster and Finney, Pouncey is most athletic and fast, so he could probably play RT.

Spike

Reaction score
“Whatever the coaches need, whatever the team needs,” Pouncey said, via the Beaver County Times. “I know the guys on this team are willing and capable of doing anything they ask. The next man up has to play just as good or better.”

Pouncey thinks he's better than Gilbert - he should do fine filling in.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thing is I don't inserting two new in, compared to giving one help is the way to go. As Pouncey might need help at a new position, and whoever they put in at C probably Fin. Compared to just cheating David Johnson towards RT and seeing if Hubbard can survive.....

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Reports are he looked good at RT

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score