• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Holy **** - Now I'm a Cam Newton fan

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
“It’s not racism,” Newton said of the criticism he gets from NFL fans. “Everybody’s entitled to their own opinion.”

GQ writer Zach Baron pressed the issue, asking the star QB “what is it” if it’s not racism. He also reminded Newton of his January remarks in which he said: “I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to.”

“I don’t want this to be about race, because it’s not. It’s not. Like, we’re beyond that. As a nation,” Newton replied.

“You really think so?” the writer interjected.

Newton then replied, “Yeah. I mean, you bring it to people’s attention. But after that, that’s it.”

The backlash to Newton’s racism comments was quick and unforgiving.

Read Newton’s entire GQ interview here.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked Newton even when he was at Auburn. All the off field antics aside at Auburn. The guy is a top notch and classy athlete. As much as I hate dancing celebrations in the nfl. The guy is all business and fair. Carolina has a damn good QB

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Newton was the guy who shied away from getting a fumble in the Super Bowl and played poorly. Hardly superman. I tend to think he'll be good for just a few more seasons. Once he gets hurt he won't run like he used too.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
He's done more for that team and city then anyone I can think of since its was formed. You know what... The one and only time I met him at Strikers in public he was a class act and really down to earth.

Steelers in my heart, but he's a good dude.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Newton gets on my nerves sometimes, but beyond that, he's fun to watch and still has potential to develop into one of the most exciting players in the league.