• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Notes

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Defense did enough to win
Special teams had multiple breakdowns, including the abortion of an onside kick attempt...
Ben played a good half of a quarter....really needed the other 3 quarters out of him
Don't understand why more deep passes weren't attempted earlier seemed like everything was short of the markers

Ben always has a ****** first game back....he needs to be himself next week with the cowboys come to town

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
#TrendContinues

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta give the defense credit. They played. Aside from a few missed tackles. They looked improved. Harrison had a nice sack in the 3rd. They had Flacco uneasy. The offense, I just don't know. Part of me blames coaching like Slash has stated it is a trend. But I also feel maybe Ben is just used to playing his backyard type football. Anywho bring on the cowboys

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta give the defense credit. They played. Aside from a few missed tackles. They looked improved. Harrison had a nice sack in the 3rd. They had Flacco uneasy. The offense, I just don't know. Part of me blames coaching like Slash has stated it is a trend. But I also feel maybe Ben is just used to playing his backyard type football. Anywho bring on the cowboys

That backyard play can be controlled and with Haley we have been showed it can be adjusted. Getting rid of the ball quicker, etc.

Head coach is in charge of adjustments.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It does start with the head coaching. TALK about UNDISCIPLINED !!! It's been proven time and again that a "player's coach" has players playing very lackidazical and without heart or drive. We have put way more point on way better defenses. It seems we don't have the "DRIVE" to compete at times. Body language, slow to line of scrimmage, players laughing n giggling........ Could have the play calling been a bit better, hell yes. Could have BEN played better, hell yes. Should the coach have benched him mid 3rd quarter, hell yes, but then he wouldn't be a player's coach then would he??

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
And hitting the punter causing a 1st down for the ravens

chipped ham

Reaction score
And hitting the punter causing a 1st down for the ravens

The defense held the rats offense after that though. It proved to be inconsequential. Honestly, it was a pretty cheesy call to begin with. Now I know shamarko has issues on special teams, but it looked like the punter landed on him instead of shamarko actually "roughing" him. I don't know how it wasn't running into the kicker instead. The refs continued their trend of bullshit officiating.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah lets blame the refs

sounds legit

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
If Shamarko gets a pink slip, shouldn't Mitchell get one, too? His tackling or lack there of is atrocious. The blame goes all over the place. You can't single one player out without adding others to The List.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
The defense held the rats offense after that though. It proved to be inconsequential. Honestly, it was a pretty cheesy call to begin with. Now I know shamarko has issues on special teams, but it looked like the punter landed on him instead of shamarko actually "roughing" him. I don't know how it wasn't running into the kicker instead. The refs continued their trend of bullshit officiating.

well you are right there, it was more of a run into the kicker.