• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

from a new UK Steelerfan.

Red_Kelt

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm from Wales and I didn't really get American Football until last year when I decided to give it another watch. NFL first got televised in the early 80's over here and I found it hard to get into. However the coverage is good over here now and it seems to me the game has changed for the better with more bombs being thrown (did PI rules change)? I love it now.

I chose the Steelers as they have the same colours as the football (soccer) team I support here. On top of that my I'm from South Wales which is a working class steel and coal area.

It all seemed to fit and despite never having been to the Pittsburgh or even the USA I get worked up for Steelers games.

I travel a lot to mainland Europe for Wales International games so I need to pop over to Heinz Field :)

Dave....

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Were glad to have you join our site and as a whole 'Steeler Nation'. Rough loss yesterday so the locals are on edge. Don't be afraid to join the convos in all the forums.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I know where you're coming from. I got into Hurling the same way and became a Kilkenny fan because they have the Steelers colors. I've been supporting the Cats for 6 years now, and I really enjoy the game. Which football (soccer) team do you follow?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to Steeler Nation! Love seeing fans from so far away. Go Steelers!

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Wales UK!

Sweet!!!
Represent proudly. Thats awesome

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to SN! Excellent choice of teams.

DocScott

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I played football for RAF Greenham Common back in the day. We played the Swansea Dragons in Wales in the football stadium there. Swansea had an Olympic judo champion playing nose guard, never got a sack the whole game. Fun times!!!!!

Red_Kelt

Reaction score
I support Newport County AFC, we're having a tough season.
I know where you're coming from. I got into Hurling the same way and became a Kilkenny fan because they have the Steelers colors. I've been supporting the Cats for 6 years now, and I really enjoy the game. Which football (soccer) team do you follow?

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to Steeler Nation.

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Welcome! My new boss is from London and I agreed to pick a soccer team if he would pick the Steelers. (All of our business is based out of Houston and I cant let him be a Texans fan).