• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Free agent pass rushers take a big hit being tagged by perspective teams.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 30m30 minutes ago

Top pass rushers - JPP, Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones, Kawann Short - basically off the market.

I wonder if this will push the Steelers to draft 1 in round 1, or hell even double up in the draft.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if this will push the Steelers to draft 1 in round 1, or hell even double up in the draft.

Pretty sure they were going EDGE in round 1 anyway. At least they should unless one of the top CB's falls and not one of the midget CB's, even if rated high. No shorties allowed!

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Perry and Freeney can still be had, along with some other middle of the road types, have to say I am a little disappoint Chargers slapped up that tag........

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Perry and Freeney can still be had, along with some other middle of the road types, have to say I am a little disappoint Chargers slapped up that tag........

No thank you!! Draft a stud or two and resign Harrison for another year or two. Also, would not be surprised to see Jones come back.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No thank you!! Draft a stud or two and resign Harrison for another year or two. Also, would not be surprised to see Jones come back.

Speaking of no thank you, no thank you on Jarvis on a return.

Reactions: GMC

chipped ham

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. CB or OLB. My guess is OLB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

If there's no word on Bryant from the NFL before the draft, and then the draft falls in such a way that we would be reaching on a corner or edge defender, I don't think that it would surprise me to see them look long and hard at Corey Davis from Western Michigan. Honestly, if things panned out thag way, I don't think I'd be too disappointed either.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't expect anybody big to hit the FA market due to the huge cap increase.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Tim Williams. Period.

He's the guy whose drug issues keep getting compared to Randy Gregory's right? I know a lot of that is just rumor at this point, but if it's even close to being true than you can't spend a premium pick on him.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
But seriously, if anyone thought both a) a good pass rusher was going to get to the open market instead of given the franchise tag and b) we would outbid every other team looking for a pass rusher than you have not been paying attention.