• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

East-West Shrine game

ark steel

Reaction score
Any prospects worth watching in this game tomorrow?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Any prospects worth watching in this game tomorrow?

I like this guy as he was productive in an area we need. Pass rusher.

DE Za'Darius Smith, Kentucky

Fellow Wildcats DE Bud Dupree got most of the notice, but Smith is a good prospect, too. He played just one season of high school football before moving on to a junior college and then Kentucky. He is 6-6 and 265, and should be able to add weight and bulk easily. Smith had 10.5 sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss and 119 tackles in his two seasons with the Wildcats, and his upside is intriguing because of his lack of experience.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Spike

Reaction score
I can get cheap 50 yd line tickets for the Senior Bowl in Mobile

don't all the coachs go there? maybe I can get some autographs

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I like this guy as he was productive in an area we need. Pass rusher.

DE Za'Darius Smith, Kentucky

Fellow Wildcats DE Bud Dupree got most of the notice, but Smith is a good prospect, too. He played just one season of high school football before moving on to a junior college and then Kentucky. He is 6-6 and 265, and should be able to add weight and bulk easily. Smith had 10.5 sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss and 119 tackles in his two seasons with the Wildcats, and his upside is intriguing because of his lack of experience.

Coach, does Smith project as a DE or OLB in our system? Thanks, i'll hang up and listen . . .

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I got nothing.........................

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Yes. Lots of coaches go there. And many unemployed coaches and x players looking for jobs are there as well. A few Gm's attend the game. Bring your Steelers media guy and say hi to a less than famous scout. You'll make his day.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Coach, does Smith project as a DE or OLB in our system? Thanks, i'll hang up and listen . . .

That depends on his agility, speed, and if he can play coverage. I don't know, but I'd like to find out.

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
Here is a nice article for people who may not know these players:

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ch/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Also I feel any DB is worth watching so I am not gonna name any but some guys I have heard/read stuff about and am gonna pay attention to are:

EAST TEAM - OL Beckwith, LB Ryan

WEST TEAM - DL Castleman, Hunter and Raciti, LB Tarpley, Vaughters

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Here is a nice article for people who may not know these players:

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ch/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Also I feel any DB is worth watching so I am not gonna name any but some guys I have heard/read stuff about and am gonna pay attention to are:

EAST TEAM - OL Beckwith, LB Ryan

WEST TEAM - DL Castleman, Hunter and Raciti, LB Tarpley, Vaughters

Jake Ryan on the East team. I think he has off the field issues. Back in the mid 1980's he assaulted Long Duck Dong.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

papillon

Reaction score
I'm sure some of these guys put some good film out there in this game but man that was some bad football all the way around, IMO.

Papillon

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
I'm sure some of these guys put some good film out there in this game but man that was some bad football all the way around, IMO.

Papillon

Yeah that was a pretty bad game to watch and I ended up mid way thru the 1st quarter playing cards so I didn't pay that close attention but some things I liked in the game:

Chickillo DE looked pretty good, the thing that sucks is these games play a 4-3 defense so it is hard for me to see how he would fit in our scheme. He did play in a 3-4 all season and if we are going after the tweener type this is a pretty good option, imo.

Ryan OLB I thought played good enough to be considered as a draft pick in the 3-4 round range and if he has a good combine maybe he goes a little higher. I do think he should be on our radar.

Miller OG had a good day and the announcers kept saying that so I am gonna guess his draft stock will rise and maybe put him out of our draft range. I don't want to go here before the 4th round.

Borwn OG Same as Miller without all the praise from the announcers.

Parms S had 2 picks so he should be a guy we look a little at.

Shaw CB Is a big guy and physical I thought looked ok as well.

And last O'Neill P made one hell of a play in the endzone one handed over the head grab, but only avg 42yds with two inside the 20.

Tarpley LB I was watching him and his teammate Vaughters and I thought they were ok nothing special, I thought Tarpley was around the ball a lot so I want to watch him a little more but both had my interest.

Now this game is behind us time to move on to the senior bowl.........

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score

Get Harbaughs and burn it in front of him...will fly down and buy you beverages...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jake Ryan on the East team. I think he has off the field issues. Back in the mid 1980's he assaulted Long Duck Dong.

tumblr_llavvhvlQF1qdsk3so1_500.png