• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Did Steelers build with Pats in mind?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.steelernation.com/steelers-build-pats-mind-2/

Tomlin said Steelers won’t build for 2017 in “reaction” to AFC title loss to NE, but didn’t they?

By SlashSteel – SteelerNationForums.com

Greetings and salutations from a Steelers diehard fan with a football problem.

Yeah we have heard enough Patriot that and the other for a life time. So please excuse my indulgence that the team that is sneaking up on the Lord of the Rings has had a off-season that they added seemingly-everything and the kitchen sink to their roster. It is way too early to know the next Superbowl outcome. Despite the media all but crowning them the winner. Hey NFL Network ! that is why they play the game! Nothing outside of your substandard commentary is written in stone.

Now what about this claim that the Steelers won’t build for 2017 in “reaction” to AFC title loss to NE ?

Are you buying this Tombert chit chatter ?

Yeah they are selling, but I am not buying stock.

That AFC championship exposed the known and not so known.. A secondary that looked confused, perhaps youth factored in. But the common thought based on reports is more man coverage is needed against the better quarterbacks.. A pass rush that was a step slow. A collection of receivers that just couldn’t constantly make up for the loss of a Martavis Bryant, in the very least in the moments that it mattered the most.. A inadequate backup to a often injured Bell. Fast forward to the NFL draft.

And Watt do we see?
C-hmZdxVYAAUqXM.jpg

A few pass rushers, Even with Bryant returning, a wide receiver that has number two wide receiver capability. Some fresh legs to run behind Bell. Two corner-backs with man coverage capabilities Tom Foolery if you want to. The Steelers and Tombert reacted to that AFC championship loss, lock stock and two smoking barrels

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well duh. Those cheating **** ***** in fraudboro have cost the Steelers 2-3 trips to the super bowl.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.steelernation.com/steelers-build-pats-mind-2/

Tomlin said Steelers won’t build for 2017 in “reaction” to AFC title loss to NE, but didn’t they?

By SlashSteel – SteelerNationForums.com

Greetings and salutations from a Steelers diehard fan with a football problem.

Yeah we have heard enough Patriot that and the other for a life time. So please excuse my indulgence that the team that is sneaking up on the Lord of the Rings has had a off-season that they added seemingly-everything and the kitchen sink to their roster. It is way too early to know the next Superbowl outcome. Despite the media all but crowning them the winner. Hey NFL Network ! that is why they play the game! Nothing outside of your substandard commentary is written in stone.

Now what about this claim that the Steelers won’t build for 2017 in “reaction” to AFC title loss to NE ?

Yeah they are selling, but I am not buying stock.

That AFC championship exposed the known and not so known.. A secondary that looked confused, perhaps youth factored in. But the common thought based on reports is more man coverage is needed against the better quarterbacks.. A pass rush that was a step slow. A collection of receivers that just couldn’t constantly make up for the loss of a Martavis Bryant, in the very least in the moments that it mattered the most.. A inadequate backup to a often injured Bell. Fast forward to the NFL draft.

And Watt do we see?
C-hmZdxVYAAUqXM.jpg

A few pass rushers, Even with Bryant returning, a wide receiver that has number two wide receiver capability. Some fresh legs to run behind Bell. Two corner-backs with man coverage capabilities Tom Foolery if you want to. The Steelers and Tombert reacted to that AFC championship loss, lock stock and two smoking barrels

With all the talk of Bryant............................ I thought you were going to say something different BARRELS.

Does it surprise anyone that the STEELERS are priming to take on their greatest adversary? The ******* cheating ******** are only in this lime lite as they used other than fair methods to win. On a fair and legitimate playing field, it would be them building to beat us. Take the Gayven's as an example........ they idolized and prepared for us by copycatting their way to beat us. It worked for awhile but then player greed and front office desperation got in the way. In the cheater's case, they had NFL commissioner assistance at the beginning and once developed their underhandedness were able to sustain their less than stellar ways. YES, the STEELERS have been at or near the top in a loyal / honest way. We will find a way to dethrone those bastages no mater what the honest building method.

Salute the nation

Steelerfan

Reaction score
With all the talk of Bryant............................ I thought you were going to say something different BARRELS.

Does it surprise anyone that the STEELERS are priming to take on their greatest adversary? The ******* cheating ******** are only in this lime lite as they used other than fair methods to win. On a fair and legitimate playing field, it would be them building to beat us. Take the Gayven's as an example........ they idolized and prepared for us by copycatting their way to beat us. It worked for awhile but then player greed and front office desperation got in the way. In the cheater's case, they had NFL commissioner assistance at the beginning and once developed their underhandedness were able to sustain their less than stellar ways. YES, the STEELERS have been at or near the top in a loyal / honest way. We will find a way to dethrone those bastages no mater what the honest building method.

Salute the nation

I gotta give a points deduction for the lack of "**** THE CHEATRIOTS" in a huge font. You're slipping, man.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Tombert couldn't admit it even if it was true. And if it's not true then they're more stupid than we give them credit for. Normally they are able to beat anyone else but the Pats**** own their ***.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think they've built the team so much as restructured the defensive scheme to be multiple...so they can face any team. DC Butler had a great interview on SNR this week and that's the way he put it.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
No ******* idea what they were thinking in this last draft. Another undersized LB and no top talent secondary help. On the flip side, I think we have about 30 receivers competing for spots.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There are two ways to beat the Pats. Single man effectively across the board so that you can bring more than they can block or have your minimal rush bring enough pressure to allow a bunch of coverage. The Steelers have a better chance at scenario two. You dont beat Brady. You beat his teammates

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
You dont beat Brady. You beat his teammates
Well, except for Gronk but fortunately he's out hurt a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheat doesn't give him another contract. He would look good in black and gold.....

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, except for Gronk but fortunately he's out hurt a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheat doesn't give him another contract. He would look good in black and gold.....

seeing LG the concussion monster , that wasn't enough of a sideline Duce Staley bring your best sweats to Pittsburgh..............for ya?

no thanks on one back injury away from retirement Rob-but I sure can party- Gronkowski.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No ******* idea what they were thinking in this last draft. Another undersized LB and no top talent secondary help. On the flip side, I think we have about 30 receivers competing for spots.

It was said Sutton would have went higher if not for his last year injury.

And I wouldn't call Watt undersized.

Watt - 6'4 252 pounds
Vic-Beasley 6'2 246 pounds
Von Miller -6'3 250 pounds

all measurements from the perspective teams rosters

I know one of your pass times is to *****, but when you do try to know what the **** you are talking about.

hi

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
Not sure any of our coaches, or front office, are intelligent enough to draft to win.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
am sure they can't coach to win. Zone against Brady?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
am sure they can't coach to win. Zone against Brady?

Well they went into the season(last handful of seasons actually) knowing they didn't have the personal to do nothing but play zone. I guess the plan is that they hope someone else knocks the Pats off. A good plan...It has worked in the past I suppose. SMH