• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Danica dropped by GoDaddy sponsor

Spike

Reaction score
Go Daddy.com Drops Danica Patrick as NACSAR Race Sponsor

GoDaddy is officially PUMPING THE BRAKES on its NASCAR sponsorship of Danica Patrick -- and will no longer be her primary car sponsor.

The internet domain company has been Patrick's #1 car sponsor since 2010 -- but has announced it will NOT renew it's deal with the 33-year-old driver when it expires later this year.

Patrick told The Associated Press, "I'm sad. I'm a little surprised and I'm sad."

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/29/godaddy-drops-danica-patrick-nascar-sponsor/

--------------------------------

Danica to Formula One next?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I dunno, F1 is tougher and less competitive than NASCAR.
Most sponsors don't last longer than a few years any more. Costs a lot, the economy sucks, and attendance and viewers are down. That's why I don't buy swag any more, you can drop a couple hundred easily and next year Brand XYZ isn't sponsoring your driver if they're even in NASCAR at all. I wouldn't read too much into it. Maybe see if Hooters will come back and sponsor her. ::p:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am purely amazed at how long Godaddy.com stayed with her. She hasn't don squat.............. OOooppppsss, I think maybe she has done squat, BUT hasn't done much race wise........

Salute the nation

Buff

Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
That took a left turn

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Like the NBA, who the **** cares about NASCAR? Have not watched a second either one in more than 10 years

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Like the NBA, who the **** cares about NASCAR? Have not watched a second either one in more than 10 years

why you mad bro? Jeff Gordon and Michael Jordan piss on your crabs?

I want to get excited about NASCAR like I used to, but I've lost the luster. Smoke sucks anymore and the #48 wins every other weekend, so it seems. No excitement. The NBA means nothing to me. Maybe I'll watch the Finals, but will not go out of my way to find it. Rather watch the Bucs or NHL playoffs.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to win to keep a major sponsor. She hasn't won or consistently come close to winning for anyone to sponsor her. I'd be surprised if she lasted much more in NASCAR, at all, unless she can get a win.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
The whole reason she was brought to NASCAR was strictly a publicity stunt. Their ratings were dropping and they needed someone to rekindle some interest. I don't think anyone really thought she was going to actually win.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
You have to win to keep a major sponsor. She hasn't won or consistently come close to winning for anyone to sponsor her. I'd be surprised if she lasted much more in NASCAR, at all, unless she can get a win.

She doesn't do any worse or any better than 30 other drivers. Any given weekend there are about 10 guys who can win the race, 5 who are going to run as long as their first tank of gas lasts, and 25 who are fighting for the middle.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
She doesn't do any worse or any better than 30 other drivers. Any given weekend there are about 10 guys who can win the race, 5 who are going to run as long as their first tank of gas lasts, and 25 who are fighting for the middle.

Exactly - she's races mid-pack every race and sometimes she finishes well - sometimes she gets caught up in the wash; but, there was no uproar when Jr. didn't win for over a year...same w/ Kennseth...IIRC

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to be into NASCAR. I went to a few races, met a few drivers, after getting married and starting a family it went by the wayside. The biggest douchebags were Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace. Jeff Gordon was one of the nicest professional sports figures I ever met. One of my favorite encounters with anyone.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score

Clearly some of the people in this thread? (not me, i dont care, either)

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to be into NASCAR. I went to a few races, met a few drivers, after getting married and starting a family it went by the wayside. The biggest douchebags were Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace. Jeff Gordon was one of the nicest professional sports figures I ever met. One of my favorite encounters with anyone.

You haven't met me yet:wave:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Danica Patrick's average finish in 2014 was 23rd. Tony Stewart's average finish was 20th.

Steel G

Reaction score

I've always thought that what Nascar needs is less, less, less. Shorten the season, shorten a few of the races and shorten the field. 43 drivers when a good portion have absolutely no shot to win? What's the point. I'd chop the field to about 30.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I've always thought that what Nascar needs is less, less, less. Shorten the season, shorten a few of the races and shorten the field. 43 drivers when a good portion have absolutely no shot to win? What's the point. I'd chop the field to about 30.
Agree, I'd make the field 33 to 35 cars. Especially since the recession the last ten or so qualifiers are just field fillers that NASCAR slips a few bucks to in order to have 43 cars. IndyCar races with 33 and it's fine.

The article does say that GoDaddy wants to sign her to a personal services contract so it sounds like they simply don't want to sponsor a car anymore. If they were specifically unhappy with her then they would look to sponsor a different driver. Further, I haven't seen any GoDaddy commercials at all this year.

Last edited: