• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Best weekend of the year - 2016 NFL Divisional Playoffs: Analysis & Viewing Sheet

Spike

Reaction score
Not mine....some other guy

Saturday, Jan 14, 2:35 PM MT FOX #6 Seattle at #2 Atlanta

Atlanta Offense #1: 1 Pass 5 Run Seattle Defense #3: 18 Pass 1 Run

Seattle Offense #18: 5 Pass 24 Run Atlanta Defense #27: 11 Pass 26 Run

The best part of the game will be Atlanta with the ball. With the best pass offense in the NFL against a mediocre Seattle pass defense, Atlanta should mostly pass. Atlanta’s strong running game will be severely tested by Seattle’s #1 run defense. Seattle should mostly pass and its strong passing game will be tested by a good Atlanta pass defense. Could be a shoot-out. Both can play catchup with their great passing games. Winner: Atlanta.

Saturday, Jan 14, 6:15 PM MT CBS #26 Houston vs. #1 New England

NE Offense #3: 3 Pass 25 Run Houston Defense #11: 2 Pass 11 Run

Houston Offense #18: 32 Pass 19 Run NE Defense #1: 8 Pass 8 Run

The most interesting part of the game will be NE with the ball. Houston’s scoring defense belies their defensive yardage advantage over NE. NE should mostly pass but Houston’s #2 pass defense should do a lot to slow them down. Houston should mostly run but should be shut down by NE’s #1 defense. Winner: New England.

Sunday, Jan 15, 11:05 PM MT NBC #5 Pittsburgh vs. #4 Kansas City

KC Offense #13: 15 Pass 16 Run Pittsburgh Defense #10: 15 Pass 19 Run

Pittsburgh Offense #10: 13 Pass 8 Run KC Defense #7: 12 Pass 24 Run

Pittsburgh, weaker in points scored than KC, is stronger in yardage which often means an upset in the making. The key could be Pittsburgh’s #8 running game against a weak #24 KC running defense. Pittsburgh should run A LOT. The question is whether Pittsburgh’s coaches recognize their running advantage. Often with a premier QB like Roethlisberger playoff teams who should mostly run instead pass too much. The Pittsburgh offensive game plan to mostly run will be critical if they want to upset KC. Winner: Kansas City.

Sunday, Jan 15, 2:40 PM MT FOX #8 Green Bay vs. #3 Dallas

Dallas Offense #5: 4 Pass 3 Run GB Defense #21: 32 Pass 14 Run

GB Offense #4: 15 Pass 7 Run Dallas Defense #5: 13 Pass 11 Run

Dallas #5 offense should mostly pass and roll over GB’s weak defense. GB should mostly run but probably won’t with Rogers on a tear. Could be a fun game but Dallas should outscore GB. Winner: Dallas.

------------------------------

Vegas says

NFL Point Spreads Divisional Playoffs - Divisional Playoff Games NFL Football Point Spread

Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog

1/14 4:35 ET At Atlanta -5 Seattle
1/14 8:15 ET At New England -16 Houston
1/15 1:05 ET At Kansas City -1.5 Pittsburgh
1/15 4:40 ET At Dallas -4.5 Green Bay

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Pittsburgh, weaker in points scored than KC, is stronger in yardage which often means an upset in the making. The key could be Pittsburgh’s #8 running game against a weak #24 KC running defense. Pittsburgh should run A LOT. The question is whether Pittsburgh’s coaches recognize their running advantage. Often with a premier QB like Roethlisberger playoff teams who should mostly run instead pass too much. The Pittsburgh offensive game plan to mostly run will be critical if they want to upset KC. Winner: Kansas City.

Says someone who hasn't watched the Steelers over the last two months let alone last week.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The key could be Pittsburgh’s #8 running game against a weak #24 KC running defense.

LB we will need another big game from you.

chipped ham

Reaction score
Says someone who hasn't watched the Steelers over the last two months let alone last week.

Exactly. I didn't do the math, but I read that over the last 8 games, Bell has gone for 1,002 yards and 8 touchdowns. Pretty ******* good if you ask me.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
The article also doesn't specify that the defense rank number listed first is scoring offense, which portrays a much different story than what those numbers show. I think it's a half assed attempt to sound smart, but failing miserably

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Run a ton and hey just maybe toss in some play action. Just saying.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Dallas has 1 playoff win in 6 years. They have 2 playoff wins in 19 years, and they're expecting to go to the Super bowl? I'll put money up against any Dallas fan that their team will not be in the Super Bowl this year.

Spike

Reaction score
Packers rule WR Jordy Nelson out vs. Cowboys - that's gonna hurt them

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Where a team rated in his last 4 games to me is a better indication of where they are headed!

mdk2

Reaction score
Houston is going to upset NE this weekend so the AFCCG will be in Pittsburgh!

Get your tickets now, you heard it here first!

That would maybe be the biggest upset in NFL playoff history.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
That would maybe be the biggest upset in NFL playoff history.

I donno. If their def can get after Cinderella and hit him often. They got a chance. But they are going to need Mr 70 million man to put "some" points up. I got the Texans by a field goal.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
How many passes did Ben throw last week?

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Not mine....some other guy

[1/14 8:15 ET At New England -16 Houston
1/15 1:05 ET At Kansas City -1.5 Pittsburgh
1/15 4:40 ET At Dallas -4.5 Green Bay
The question is whether Pittsburgh’s coaches recognize their running advantage. Often with a premier QB like Roethlisberger playoff teams who should mostly run instead pass too much
Does that "some other guy" even watch the games??

Last edited:

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
How many passes did Ben throw last week?

18 with 2 picks that should have been 3.

Ben is 20:5 t.d. to interception ratio at home, and 9:8 on the road. I'm going to get crucified on here when I say this, but of the superstars on this team Ben is the weak link.

I mean this season only of course. His mediocre to bad play on the road this year could come to a head in K.C.

The Chiefs are ranked 24th against the run but I'm thinking they know we're going to try and pound them with Bell and will sell out to making Ben beat them.....that could spell disaster unless Ben plays out of his mind against a very good secondary.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Houston is going to upset NE this weekend so the AFCCG will be in Pittsburgh!

Get your tickets now, you heard it here first!

I've been telling the guys I work with that their Texans can take down the patsies...none seem very confident and a few have even accepted bets taking the patsies to win.