• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AP has a torn meniscus

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...back-adrian-peterson-torn-meniscus-right-knee

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson suffered a torn meniscus in right knee during Sunday's 17-14 victory over the Green Bay Packers, Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer told KFAN Radio in Minneapolis on Monday.

Zimmer, who said a timetable for Peterson's return is uncertain at this point, did not rule out the running back playing this week, and said the team is looking at several options.

Peterson slightly twisted the knee at the end of a 5-yard run. His right foot was briefly stuck under the upper leg of Kyler Fackrell as the Packers linebacker brought him to the ground. Peterson left with 3:32 to play in the third quarter.

He hobbled off the field with the assistance of athletic trainers. After being examined on the sideline, Peterson hopped through a field-level club at the team's new stadium toward the Vikings' locker room.

Upon arriving in the locker room, Peterson was quickly ruled out.

He was later seen using crutches with a large, black brace around the knee.

The 2015 NFL rushing leader, who had just 19 carries for 31 yards last week against the Tennessee Titans, was injured on his longest run of the night.

He had gained only 19 yards on 12 carries, though his presence had helped Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford hit Stefon Diggs on a pair of long strikes when the Packers were loading up to stop Peterson.

Peterson suffered a devastating left knee injury in 2011 -- tearing both his ACL and MCL ligaments -- only to bounce back and rush for 2,097 yards in the 2012 regular season.

Information from ESPN Vikings reporter Ben Goessling was used in this report.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
That is the best news a guy can get, who has already lost time due to ligament damage.

Ben had a meniscus injury and chose to get a C-cut or meniscectomy, to cut out the tear instead of waiting 3 months for it to heal on it's own.

He should be back in 4 weeks, if it's the type of tear that can be cut out. Get well soon AP

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
AP's physical game play is wreaking havoc on his body. As a player, love watching him. I think he doesn't have much left in the tank

Spike

Reaction score
screen-shot-2016-09-18-at-8-08-23-pm.jpg

"Come see our new enhanced fan experience, watch your favorite player being dragged screaming in pain through the mall food court!"

Reactions: MTC

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't scare me like that - I thought the headline was "AB has a torn meniscus".

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
And fantasy fans everywhere gasp.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
screen-shot-2016-09-18-at-8-08-23-pm.jpg

"Come see our new enhanced fan experience, watch your favorite player being dragged screaming in pain through the mall food court!"

That was crazy. It looked like they were walking him through an Applebees on the way to the locker room.

AP's knee was just sprained until he slipped on some loaded potato skins on his way through the maze that leads to the locker room.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Meniscus. Not ACL

I have McKinnon, so I'm watching this.