• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AB Not happy with refs

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Referee says he's reporting Steelers' Antonio Brown to league for conduct during practice

By: Neal Coolong | 1 hour ago

No one pays money to watch officials in the NFL. A common outcry from fans is in regards to officials who inject themselves into the action on the field through a liberal amount of penalties or other over-regulatory decisions. It seems the NFL has taken those outcries into account overall, considering the rarity in which a player gets ejected from a game.

Perhaps that’s not going to be the way of things for much longer, though.

Field judge officiating joint practice sajd Antonio Brown woulda been ejected from a game

Still is reporting AB to league for his actions

— Chris Adamski (@C_AdamskiTrib) August 10, 2016

We vetted this extensively, thinking it had to be a joke. By all accounts, it seems the field judge overseeing the Steelers’ joint practice with the Detroit Lions is prepared to toss Antonio Brown from the field, and according to Tribune Review reporter Chris Adamski, the official intends to notify the league of Brown’s behavior.

Mark Kaboly of the Tribune Review noted the incident as well, as did Beaver County Times reporter Chris Bradford.

Antonio Brown pops off on ref. Ref gave it right back. Said wouldve ejected him if it was a game.

— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) August 10, 2016

AB complaining, um, vociferously about refs not throwing flags

— Chris Bradford (@BCTBradford) August 10, 2016

Steel City Insider’s Jon Ledyard added a bit more dialogue between the official and Brown.

Apparently AB said something to ref about "you got a free lunch here and haven't thrown a flag all day." With a lot of expletives thrown in

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) August 10, 2016

The next receiver to call for a flag after an incomplete pass won’t be the last. It’s a common occurrence in every NFL game. The notion of ejecting a player like Brown over such an incident is silly, and not at all in line with past decisions over such matters. Granted, what he said could have something to do with it, and the league has recently noted excessive trash-talking among players and verbally abusing officials would be met with 15-yard penalties.

Ejecting star players is very low on the league’s list of desired actions in each game. Just ask Odell Beckham how much a player has to do to get thrown out

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Would anyone be shocked if AB got a fine from the league. LOL

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Well ref....do your ******* job and you won't get an earful. Ref has SIVS (Sand In the Vagina syndrome)

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
how can you get kicked out of a practice??

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I think the ref in question better get thicker skin and quick. If he goes into the regular season ejecting every player that complains to him, especially star players, he's gonna get a pink slip from his bosses pretty quick.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Knowing Goddell, AB will be suspended for the first game of the season.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds to me like AB was destroying the Lions all day.

He didn't much need any flags. The ref was probably giving the Lions a mercy killing.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
that ref is a ***

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
First off it is sickening how EVERY time a receiver misses a catch they are hollering to the ref to throw a flag. That being said, grow some monkey nuts and thick skin, as this is what the NFL has evolved to.

Salute the nation

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd want to see the play before I said one way or the other. If the Ref was letting the Lions DB be a Grabby Sam then maybe he deserves to be called a ********.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Refs already have waaaay too much presence on the field. The seem to act like disgruntled, failed athletes and have too much influence on outcomes.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm all about respecting the officials, but this guy sounds like a clown looking for some attention.