• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2001 afc cg

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I keep hearing about Brady beating us in that game.. he didnt... just in case yinze forgot...he didnt even play a full half. He had 12 completions and got hurt.. bledsoe replaced him, threw the pats only non special teams td of the game, and played the entire second half... brady had 100 yards and was a non factor....

The oddest thing about that game is that Boston fanboy Bill Simmons wrote an article like a month before laying out that exact scenerio as a what if kind of thing.. which is how a lot of the early conspiracy theories about the patriots win being scripted came into play... fortuenetly it seems the government didnt script a pats win, they just cheated their way into it

GILBERT

Reaction score
I keep hearing about Brady beating us in that game.. he didnt... just in case yinze forgot...he didnt even play a full half. He had 12 completions and got hurt.. bledsoe replaced him, threw the pats only non special teams td of the game, and played the entire second half... brady had 100 yards and was a non factor....

The oddest thing about that game is that Boston fanboy Bill Simmons wrote an article like a month before laying out that exact scenerio as a what if kind of thing.. which is how a lot of the early conspiracy theories about the patriots win being scripted came into play... fortuenetly it seems the government didnt script a pats win, they just cheated their way into it

this is the game where it all began.......

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
**** still makes me mad when I think about it,but not as much as the 2005 game. The one they kept calling out all of our plays. Brilliant coaching halftime adjustments my ***. Yes ,they certainly are *********. Cheating ones with zero integrity.It changed the way I looked at the NFL from then on out.

Steel G

Reaction score
And the blocked fg was a forward lateral.

Slash#10

Reaction score
The season open last year was a fluke win as well. Scobee missed FGs, Hey Bey had his toe out of bounds on a TD and for some reason we ran a trick play on defense that called for no to guard gronk.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I was at that 01 fiasco.
What sticks out for me was before the punt return td, we actually pinned them pretty deep, but a penalty on Troy Edwards ($&#%££!!!!) made us rekick and boom 7 the other way.

Then peezy dropping a pick six.

But you are correct. Bledsoe got their offensive td. Tommy boy got injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Hoodie had just gotten there and I'm sure didn't have his taping system refined yet, plus were weren't as good a team in '01 as we were in '04. Some of those pieces were just getting there. I do think that they absolutely cheated in the '04 game and cost us a trip to the SB.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't run out of bounds on punt coverage???

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Hoodie had just gotten there and I'm sure didn't have his taping system refined yet, plus were weren't as good a team in '01 as we were in '04. Some of those pieces were just getting there. I do think that they absolutely cheated in the '04 game and cost us a trip to the SB.
They were cheating in that game too

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

steelermania

Reaction score
I'm sure, I was just saying that I don't think Hoodie had the system up to full speed yet.

They cheated vs the Rams that year. That was the least deserving of their SB teams. They should have lost to Oakland as well. Special teams cost us that game. We weren't as good as in 2004, but neither were they.