• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

05 Colts and 2016 Pats

SeventhHeaven

Reaction score
going into this game I have the same feelings as I did in 05. Back then, Manning was in his prime and the colts offense seemed unstoppable. They also beat us earlier in the season... buy a large margin. And yet, I had a feeling our defense was gonna step up. And step up they did. If not for the worst instant replay overturns ever in the history of instant replay... that game would have been over midway through the 4th.... way before the tackle. And looking back on that 05 team... should anyone have ever doubted them? That team was full of Champions....we just didn't know it yet.

This team reminds me of that 05 team.... of course with the offense and defense switching roles..... but when this season is over .. and we look back on it... I BELIEVE we re gonna wonder why we ever had doubts about the outcome....Destiny awaits this team ..... HERE WE GO!!!!!

Enjoy this week and enjoy the game SteelerNation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Had a great run that year.............hopefully this one ends the same exact way in victory !

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
That colts team was better than this NE team IMO

strat68

Reaction score
Ben was playing better in that post-season as well.

Reactions: MTC

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
That colts team was better than this NE team IMO

That Steelers team was better than this one too. Especially defensively.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Also the Colts don't have the history of owning us like the pats.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
Uh, Ben tore the donkies apart through the air. Statistically speaking, he had a better game in Denver than he did in Indy. 21/29 275 yards 2 tds 0 ints.

Was just going to point this out. Good call!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to slay the dragon. HERE WE GO

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
He played ok in Indy, but not so much in Denver or at SuperBowl

I thought he played well in Denver. Except for one bad pass he got lucky on that was nearly a pick-six, but instead was a Hines Ward first down.

One the td pass to cedrick Wilson he totally jocked champ Bailey, and the throw to Hines for a td at the backline with the first half ending the first was perfect ball placement if memory serves.

I know he struggled in the super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

steelermania

Reaction score
Not remotely similar. There was nothing with the Colts similar to our sad history with the Cheats. It was just a case where it looked to be the Colts year. They had the best record, and they had crushed us during the season. Most people expected them to walk over us again. There is much more optimism this year than back then.

Slash#10

Reaction score
The bottom line that defense got after Manning. If our defense can get after Brady than our chances increase in victory. Troy was a beast as well. He wrecked havoc in the secondary. The dumbest replay over turn in NFL history.

I don't want the game to come down to as close as that Colts game did. We need to keep it at a 2 to 3 possession distance for my hearts sake.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Colts had legit pass rushers in Freeney and Mathis, no one NE has scares me

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
I was at the regular season loss in 2005 in Indy. Those fools scored an 80 yard TD or some **** on the first play from scrimmage. I hadn't even sat down in my seat yet. That team wasn't expected to go on the run they did either. That Colts team had more talent than this *Patsies team does. It will come down to getting up on their WR's like bum *** Edleman and on hitting Brady at every opportunity. I don't even care if one draws an early flag. He's not that guy when he's getting hit. I rarely have a good feeling when we play these *** clowns, for whatever reason I truly believe we're going to beat them tomorrow. We shall see.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
He played ok in Indy, but not so much in Denver or at SuperBowl

Ben tore it up in Denver. In fact that whole playoff run he kicked ***. SBXL he played like ****. His first appearance, he was jittery. Off topic, but I realized. All the Steelers need to do is beat the 49ers in a championship game and they will have beat the entire NFC west in SB's
-L.A. Rams
-Seattle Seahawks
-Arizona Cardinals
-49ers were beat by the Ravens

AFC North :)

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know why but I just have a feeling that tomorrow the Steelers flip the script on the Patriots.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I was at this game. Loudest place I ever been in .. NO lie,, I wish I had earplugs it was BAD.

The first two offensive series we scored on . Seemed scripted and the colts had no answer for it.
Wish I could've been to Indy when it was loud. I went in 2011? When Painter was the QB. Quiet as hell. Was there in like 2014 for Pats vs Colts too also not that loud. Was loud as hell in Arrowhead last week.

This game gives me very similar feelings to the 05 vs Indy. Were taking the cheats down tomorrow and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve right now.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I was at the regular season loss in 2005 in Indy. Those fools scored an 80 yard TD or some **** on the first play from scrimmage. I hadn't even sat down in my seat yet. That team wasn't expected to go on the run they did either. That Colts team had more talent than this *Patsies team does. It will come down to getting up on their WR's like bum *** Edleman and on hitting Brady at every opportunity. I don't even care if one draws an early flag. He's not that guy when he's getting hit. I rarely have a good feeling when we play these *** clowns, for whatever reason I truly believe we're going to beat them tomorrow. We shall see.
You said it perfect. I never have a good feeling about the Pats but I do for tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I am going to go back further to the 1974 season. The season when the steelers had to travel to a heavily favored Oakland Raiders team who most felt were the team that would win the SB. However, Chuck Noll gave a speech to the guys (Noll was not pep talk guy) and told the team something to the effect of "They all think they are the best team in football. I think the best team in football is in this room." Players who were in the locker rooms said after hearing that, Oakland didnt stand a chance. They went and won as a dog at the favorite Raiders.

I dont care what recent history tells us. I believe we are a better team. Give em hell boys.

Here we go.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know why but I just have a feeling that tomorrow the Steelers flip the script on the Patriots.

I feel it too man. This thread literally gave me goosebumps reading all yinz post